Laurie B. Marshall
Laurie is the Founder of Marshall Law Group – TradeMarks The Spot®. Her practice includes a broad range of intellectual property matters, including international and domestic trademark prosecution, performing and reviewing trademark searches, and counseling clients regarding trademark clearance, trademark enforcement, negotiation and drafting of agreements and opposition practice.
- Manages intellectual property portfolios for both large and small organizations.
- Provides comprehensive legal services for clients in areas of trademark, advertising, entertainment and copyright law.
- Is involved in all aspects of the creation, clearance, prosecution, maintenance and litigation of intellectual property rights.
- Advises and assists clients with intellectual property acquisitions and portfolio strategies.
- Extensive involvement with USPTO and TTAB matters including office action responses and TTAB actions.
- Proficient at negotiation and drafting settlement and coexistence agreements.
- Deals with internet trademark and copyright issues such as protection of domain names.
- Represents clients from a wide range of consumer-based and service industries, including designer clothing, restaurants, food & beverages, health & beauty, fitness, recording companies, cosmetics, consumer electronics, mobile applications and social media.
As in-house counsel for Major League Baseball, Laurie handled all matters that arose in connection with global licensing and merchandising. Her practice included trademarks, copyrights, patents, licensing, contracts, right of publicity, internet and unfair competition law.
- Prosecuted and maintained domestic and international trademark portfolios.
- Managed worldwide enforcement of intellectual property rights by initiating and overseeing oppositions, litigations and other actions against third parties.
- Negotiated and drafted terms for contracts and agreements.
- Performed and analyzed trademark, copyright, domain name and title searches for clearance of team and league marks including new logos, slogans, television and video titles, events and mascots.
- Reviewed submissions for quality control of consumer products and marketing campaigns.
- Conducted anti-counterfeiting training sessions for law enforcement and participated in enforcement efforts.
- Supervised paralegals, foreign associates and outside counsel.